Wolfeton House is situated North-West of the county town of Dorchester and lies within
water meadows. The general area of Wolfeton has long been assoociated with prominent
Dorset families which include the Mohuns and Trenchards. Its present owner is Captain
NTLL Thimbleby who has been resdient since the early 1960s.
Over the years large scale alterations have occurred and the oldest surviving parts
date back to Tudor times of the late-15th and early-16th centuries when the house
was occupied by Sir Thomas Trenchard. The parts of these large scale reworkings can
be seen at the eastern end of the main house & the twin-towered gate house.
By the 1800s the house was almost derelict and the improvements were also but lost.
In 1862 the house was purchased by a related family member called Mr WHP Weston who
restored and remodelled the house